Digital marketing is very useful to us as consumers. It helps us identify brands and learn about them – where they originate, their sustainability and economic intelligence, as well as the product itself. We always look at brands whenever we shop, and we want to know if we’re supporting the right causes.
Where can we find digital marketing?
There are many different places we can find digital marketing to research brands and help us in our search to find what we need while being good to smaller and larger businesses. Here are some examples:
- Social media. This can come in two forms: through the brand’s personal social media page, where they are wholly focused on the brand, its journey, and its products, or through social media influencers. This is the use of online personalities to promote a product, and these are often accompanied by promo codes and new, exclusive products or events. You’ll often see this on YouTube or Instagram where influencers have been paid to show off an item or product. This may also be part of a sponsorship deal. This may also be a good place to pick up reviews and opinions of certain products.
- Websites. This is generally the home of the business’ online identity and will hold contact details and purchase options as well as comments of fellow consumers who leave reviews. It will also have lots of information about the business and how it works, as well as some information on the founders.
Many businesses outsource to leading web design agency ALT Agency, for example, to help them with their digital marketing needs and to help their interests. They also help with internet trends and figuring out how to get websites viewed in the correct light. This keeps overheads lower than if you created an in-house position.
How can it help me, as a consumer?
There are many benefits to digital marketing for the consumer, as well as the business. Here are some ways digital marketing helps you as a buyer:
- You can see and interact with other consumers of the same and similar products, to get an all-round review of what you are investing in
- You can get a feel for the business before going and seeing it in person, so you know what to expect, such as a restaurant or museum
- You can learn a lot about the business and review their ethics and rules. They will often state if they are cruelty-free, Fairtrade or environmentally friendly
- You can see a range of products that they may offer
- You can get in contact with the business and inquire about questions
There are many ways that digital marketing impacts us as buyers, as well as how it helps the business grow. Digital marketing provides research tools for consumers to understand the purposes of businesses and to enlighten us toward their cause, and helps us make the right decision about their products, and helps us judge whether it is a worthy investment or not.